1. Monday I had most of the day off, so I slept in a little. When I got up, one of our bar stools had been moved right to the edge of the hallway leading to our bedroom.
On the bar stool was a carton of eggs and my cell phone.
I asked Mark about it later. Of course, the phone was there because he had grabbed mine by accident. The eggs were from his dad and step-mom. He went downstairs to say 'bye', they gave him the eggs since they were leaving later that day, the eggs didn't make it to the 'fridge because he didn't want to be late for work.
I explained to Mark that the combo had created one of the most surreal mornings I've had in quite some time. He nodded sympathetically, then replied "I should have left one egg"
2. Monday night I had one of those "I'm going to hell for laughing at this, but I just can't stop!" moments. I was listening to NPR on the way home from rehearsal and it was the Latino news show. They were doing an article about Martin Luther King Jr. Day, but the reporter had such a heavy Chicano lilt to his delivery, all I could think of was "Oh! THAT'S what Slow Poke Rodriguez is doing these days!"
3. Yes, I really did jump off the porch into a snowbank on Saturday night. And I'd do it again, too.
1. What is the most surreal thing that has happened to you lately?
2. What is a "Oh, I'm so going to hell for laughing at this" moment you have had lately?
3. What is the stupidest thing you have done lately?